Chicken Skin Recipe

Hello!

We added the chicken skin special to our share this month. Does anyone have any ideas of how to use, or used isn’t successfully already?

1 Like

Try this method for making crispy chicken skins, then use them as snacks, or crumble and use on a salad or other dish like you would use bacon bits. They are delicious. Use your favorite seasonings.

2 Likes

I love to use chicken skin chips as an alternative to regular chips for dips or spreads (especially chicken liver pâté). I also crumble crispy chicken skin on top of creamy soups or stews for added texture. The recipe that @PattiA shared is a good one! The two baking sheets is key to make sure that the chicken skin stays flat while it’s crisping up.

1 Like

Absolutely! They are a great way to add some really savory crunch to a dish (or snack on their own). One of my favorite moves is a BLT - except with chicken skin. A CSLT?
I like to pan fry. Heat a skillet on medium (don’t want it too hot or it will burn before you render the fat out). Pat the skins dry with paper towels. Once the pan has warmed, add a drizzle of olive olive and season the skins with salt and pepper (and any other seasonings you might want - I like a little smoked paprika). Pan fry about 3-4 minutes per side until fully browned and crispy. Remove to (new) paper towels and immediately season with a little more salt.

1 Like

Thank you all!! Definitely want to try both the BLT and the snacking chips.

1 Like

I learned about a Filipino recipe for fried chicken skins from a lady at our Thanksgiving dinner - I found a recipe that fits what she described. Maybe something fun to give a try?

Chinks (Chicken skin chicharon)

1 Like