New ideas for brisket

I decided to try something with the brisket I got in my last share. I wanted something a little spicy so I ended up using some Korean spices. The sauce is pretty similar to what you would use to marinate kalbi, and turns out it works pretty well for crockpot brisket too!

Mix up the sauce, throw it all in the crockpot for 6 hours, then finish for 2 minutes in the air fryer if you have one!

Sauce:
]* 1 tablespoon gochugaru

• 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 to 3 tablespoons peanut or safflower oil, as needed
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 1 cup lager-style beer
  • 1/4 cup gochujang (Korean chile paste) or Sriracha
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
  • 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 Like

That sounds amazing - I need to get a little more creative with my sauces. Speaking of brisket, the smoked brisket was delicious after a slow braise.

1 Like

I purchased a brisket a while back and I’m just getting around to cooking it. I decided to make a home-corned beef with it. I bought the Prague Powder and followed a recipe from America’s Test Kitchen. It was soaking in the brine for 8 days. It turned out very well. It was tasty and not as salty as the commercial ones. It had a much “beefier” flavor, too. And all the fat that was on it, helped it to stay juicy. I’d probably do it again, if I buy another one.

1 Like

@mwk Awesome! I didn’t think to brine - I might give that a try next round. We’re working on a pork brisket as well. Just did another braise this weekend with beef broth, wine, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Nothing like a nice slow cook in winter :slight_smile:

I’d love to buy another brisket for another corned beef, but you are sold out :frowning_face:

We should have that new pork brisket up on specials soon!