Pulled beef/pork recipes

Hi - I’d love some recipe ideas for the pulled beef and pork products. Any suggestions from the group? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey there! The pulled beef and pulled pork are fully cooked, but not seasoned, which makes them super versatile! Both are excellent in tacos or an Asian-inspired rice bowl. The pulled pork makes for an easy sandwich with coleslaw and your favorite bbq sauce on a bun! You could definitely stick in mac and cheese or a casserole too! We hope you’ll let us know what you land on and how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is also a recipe we recently posted from our partnership with Cook’s Illustrated for tacos. It calls for ground pork, but I feel like pulled pork or beef would work equally as well!

Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa for Two

We wanted to capture the flavor of tacos al pastor—with their filling of slow-cooked chile-rubbed pork, chopped onion, fresh cilantro, and lime—in a weeknight recipe.

Ingredients

• 1 pound mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 4 teaspoons lime juice
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
  • 1 pound ground pork (substitute pulled pork or beef)
  • 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1/4 cup)
  • 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
  • Lime wedges

Instructions

• Combine mangos, 2 tablespoons cilantro, half of shallot, 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in bowl; set aside.

• Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add remaining shallot, chipotle, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until shallot is softened, about 2 minutes. Add pork and cook, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, until pork is no longer pink, about 5 minutes (times here would be much shorter just to warm for pre-cooked pulled pork or beef).

• Off heat, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice, and Monterey Jack and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve pork with warm tortillas, mango salsa, and lime wedges.

We use both for delicious weekend “breakfast bowls” which also make a most excellent dinner. I usually include roasted cubed seasoned fingerling or sweet potatoes and sautéed onions and peppers. Honestly, often whatever leftover vegetables are in our fridge. Top it with fried eggs and melted cheese. :yum:

3 Likes

We used the pulled beef tonight actually for quesadillas and topping for tortilla chips.

Haven’t had great luck with the pulled pork however… too runny. But then again I’ve spoiled people around here smoking pork butts for years.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Sounds like a very delicious fridge clean out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s helpful feedback! Hard to beat home-smoked pork butt- we’re jealous! Great choice for the pulled beef!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m inspired and now have a much better idea of how to use the product. I did make a sandwich last night using the beef and some spicy BBQ sauce from a local farm on a brioche bun that was really tasty. Will get more creative tonight and work on a taco option! Appreciate all the ideas and love the forum to collect ideas from the “hive”!

2 Likes