An easy and delicious chicken noodle soup recipe from Molly, Creative Director here at Walden Local! This recipe uses our Chicken Noodle Soup Starter Pack - now available as a seasonal special!
- 1 Walden Chicken Noodle Soup Starter Pack (Contains: 1 pack Chicken Legs (approx 1.5 lbs), 1 pack Crest di Gallo pasta, 2 ea 22oz Chicken Broth.)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 Carrots (if medium, if larger only 2), diced
- 1-2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme seasoning mix (or your favorite soup season)
- 2-3 tablespoon of grass-fed butter
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1-2 cups of water (optional)
- Thaw out chicken leg quarters.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add chicken leg quarters. Let the chicken boil until tender and pull ready, about an hour.
- Shred meat off the leg quarters and set aside.
- Heat up soup pan and add 1 or 2 tablespoon of butter. Add diced onion and cook until soft.
- Add celery and cook for about 5 minutes and then add your diced carrot. If you need more butter to cook up the veggies you can add more.
- Stir often to prevent burning, keep the heat lower-medium
- Once the vegetables are soft, pour in your chicken broth and stir. You can add more water to it, but you might need to add some chicken bouillon so the flavor doesn’t water down (if you want a greater volume).
- Add shredded chicken.
- Add spices, salt, and pepper.
- Let this simmer for about an hour, letting all the flavors meld together.
- Add the pasta! This is the part where you have to start small. I added a cup of pasta and then probably another quarter cup, but this pasta will swell up and get a little larger, so definitely don’t dump in the whole bag!
- Serve in your favorite bowl!